Re: Need for a debian-l10n-bidi mailing list?

Hello Michelle:

It is a great thing you are doing. Arabeyes.org will be happy to provide CVS and access to alot of translators and people. It is a great online community if you are interested in doing Arabic translation for linux/UNIX/BSD.

The next release of arabbix will have XFCE4 installed so you can boot into it instead of GNOME or KDE. XFCE4 is a very nice desktop environment that gives you the basics with out too much load on the system. Check it out at xfce.org.

There is some Arabic localisation work that was done on XFCE4 but it is not complete. If you are interested, I would gladely start a new translation project on arabeyes.org so you can finish the translation ( of course after talking to the original translator :)).

Let me know.

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Christian and all others,

the idea with a debian-bidi list als first is acceptable.

I personaly work on lite-Desktps (based on fvwm 2.5.10) without GNOME and KDE. Curently I am trying to translate tonns of menus und window titles wit some friends in Marocco to arabe.

Problem:	X tell me it does not support UTF-8
		fvwm 2.5.x with bidi support does.

After that we like to tanslate some lite-applications to arabe and maybe farsi and turkish

Note: For those which do not know on what I am working on:

I have many friends in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, syria, Lebanon, Palestin, Tunesia, Marocco which have not the money to buy PII/500 to get KDE or GNOME running properly.

Curently, unfortunatly all translation projects are based on GNOME or KDE...

So I have the need to intervent... Not working on a Lite-Version of a desktop is an exclusion of many people... worldwide !

A situation which I can not accept.

On all replys, please CC me.

Greetings and nice weekend
Michelle