Re: [docbook-apps] RTL in markup/docbook/??

I see. At this point of the discussion, the question is more to the people in charge of the official DocBook stylesheets. I do not know how they handle RTL output in their stylesheet releases.

Anyway, if the out of the box solution does not fit your your needs, your only option would be to customize the XSL (or DSSSL, if you use JADE) stylesheets in order to hard-code the text direction from right to left, for example under the condition that book/@lang="ar".
But this should not be too complex. I would assume that it only affects three or four templates in the entire DocBook to HTML process.

Regards,
Markus