Re: Drupal project started

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> --- Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at manalaa dot net> wrote:
> > thought I'd announce this here.
> >
> > We started work on arabizing the drupal CMS, at the moment only
> > 1200+ strings need to be translated.
>
> Welcome aboard, fellow translator ;-)
>
> How type of strings are those 1200 strings? The short type? The medium
> type? Or the bad type? :) (fighting back horrible memories of
> fedora/dist.po (>_<)

mostly its the simple type, but for each module there are a couple of
help messsages with html tags embedded in and stuff like that, thats a
big job.

also drupal has this funky feature where navigation and theme functions
can be overridden for each locale, but since php is a lousy language
overriding is done by changing the function name in po files :-(

hopefully we won't need to ever deal with this ugly hack.

cheers,
Alaa
--
http://www.manalaa.net