Re: Fwd: FVWM debconf template updated.

Quoting Nadim Shaikli (shaikli at yahoo dot com):
> Should we import all of FVWM"s .po files to make it its own project
> on Arabeyes.org ?  In the past Ossama was kind enough to simply take
> care of all the FVWM files, we might need to do it officially now though.
>
> Thoughts/Ideas ?

Manoj talks about the fvwm Debian package *debconf* translation. So
this is Debian specific. I guess there was an ar.po file there.

So this is clearly different than core fvwm translation effort and
should probably not be messed with it.

IMHO, just pick the ar.po file sent by Manoj and update it. The send
it back to him.

Having a separate Arabeyes project for Debian debconf translation in
Arabic would be great. The Russian Debian l10n team already has a CVS
repository with all translations, IIRC.

The tricky part here is that the Debian project does not have a
central repository like Gnome or KDE projects have. The splitted
nature of the work in Debian, with maintainers having full control on
the way they handle their package build scheme, does not allow this.

Several l10n contributors are currently working in building a system
for grabbing up all l10n material and handle it separately.

People interested in this should join the debian-i18n at lists dot debian dot org
mailing list.