Re: List of thoughts for quality translation

On Yaum al-Ahad 30 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 02:13 am, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj wrote:

> "boot record of the first drive" you might see "سجل الإقلاع
> لأوّل قرص" and that might seem alright but its not. You will notice
> that "سجل الإقلاع من أوّل قرص " sounds more natural.

سجل الإقلاع من أوّل القرص، صحيح؟

> 8. Because of a bug in Kbabel we've been forced to insert hard wraps in our
> strings so we can see all of them without having to scroll horizontally.
> Well, the bug has been fixed so lets not do that anymore. If you see a hard
> wrap in the English string don't put it in the translation unless you
> actually see a \n in there.

now we have a more serious bug. The letters overlap each other sometimes when
mixing Arabic and Englis. It happened to me a lot. IMHO, those hard wraps are
exactly like a single space and won't do any harm, do they?

> 10. I'm not sure how to pluralize تجزيء :) any ideas?

I prefer قسم but if you insist on this why not simply جزء and أجزاء

> All thoughts and comments on these ideas whether positive or negative are
> all equally welcome :)

always negative ;)
I will try not to discuss why this is better since I feel there are not rules
regarding "sounds better" but just my opinion.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA