Re: Working on ar_FR locale

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 03:23, Munzir Taha wrote:
> On Yau al-Thulatha 18 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 12:05 pm, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> > You missed many countries that are in the Arab league:
> > # DJ - Djibouti
> > # SO - Somalia
> > # KM - Comoros
> > # MR - Mauritania
> >
> > Beside those, Arabic is an official language in:
> > # TD - Chad (Tchad)
>
> Wow! I am afraid this thread would turn into politics which I hate to discuss
> very much. But I haven't seen a comment and I am afraid a mess would happen
> here and hence the comment.

Well if you haven't seen comments, it means no one wants to turn it into
something it should not be turned into. I have my own opinions about the
league, etc. but since these countries are somewhat related to Arabic,
it would be a safe bet to include them. They can have their own locales
added if they wish. As far as Arabic is concerned, no one loses anything
by having them added (but one may stand to gain by it).

> [..]

> ar_PS (Palestine) are Arabs but ar_IL (Israel) are Jewish.

We are not defining identities of countries here. It's locales. There
are Arabic speaking users in .il and hence the need for ae_IL. Very
simple.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |