directory & folder

Salam,

This is really an important discovery I made and which I want to share
with you.
Normally I translated directory and folder to the same noun: dalil. But
recently when browsing through the gnome technical terms docs, I found
that directory means a virtual folder which is not "drawn" in an app or
on the desktop for eg. when an app points to a directory to indicate
that it can't be spawned, whereas a folder is physical and it is that
Icon you see which you open or that folder you have your mails in etc...
mostly this term is used in Office apps like Evo or gedit, recently it
is also used in nauti etc...
So I want to suggest you here to use:

dalil for directory

and

mujallad for folder.

any comment/discussion would be appreciated till we get that QAC
working...

yours
Arafat