Re: KDE project

--- "Ahmad M. Zawawi" <azawawi at emirates dot net dot ae> wrote:
> I would like to apply for the KDE maintainer position. I have read the
> related translation documents available on i18n.kde.org and arabeyes.org.

You got it (as noted on IRC) given you do a couple of things,

 1. Never ever disappear on us from email contact at a min without
    prior notice (if you will be out of computer reach for a month,
    that's fine given you let us (the 'doc' mailing-list) know).
    In short, you are expected to check your email often in case
    of issues (you are now the final decision maker with regard to
    KDE).

 2. Do please send periodical status reports (Arafat did a few that
    were excellent - I can dig 'em up if you like) to let all those
    involved know what is taking place.

> I have also been poking with the current KDE CVS structure (and the perl
> sync script), and have taken the time (a month ago ;-) in compiling a
> second KDE installation using konstruct (for testing new KDE releases;
> 6 hours).

I think Elzubeir has accepted the action item in which he needs to update
those scripts (or rewrite 'em as he'll promptly tell us in the _other_
language :-) and so you should not worry about that too much (beyond asking
for their completion periodically :-)

> Sorry again (Arafat, Nadim, mohd elzubair) for not answering promptly
> and I hope this can be the beginning of a fruitful endaveour.

We all hope so - the important thing here is to NOT disappear and to
stay engaged (check emails and reply no matter what or give notice if
you can't).

KDE will be your task from now on and it will be your job to recruit
and motivate people into action (KDE is long overdue serious attention
and care).

Salam and congratulations :-)