Re: masdar or fi3l amr

> If people who use MS feel that the PC is ordering them to open a file
> (which makes sense, so when the OS crashes, they feel it's their
> fault!).. then that's a psychological problem they need to figure out
> themselves. I thought this was done with. This subject makes me so
> irritable. It is beyond any doubt that fi3l amr should be used. People
> also agreed that the world was flat. Now, let's get over with this
> silliness.

First of all you are not making PC interfaces for yourself. I am not a
moralist and I don't intend to be a world-changer or a romantic
avangardist.
My point as I said it many times ago is very pragmatic, I myself am not
interested really in which is better for itself or for making the world
better, my interest is only which one eases the user?
You raised a VERY interesting point here: do ppl really have a
psychological problem when coming in contact with interfaces?

First of all, all the ppl I met had never used windows in Arabic even I
never used it, so we are not influnced by psychic microzift rays ;)

Elzubair, and I am meaning this sincerely, maybe you have a personal
problem with this:"This subject makes me so
> irritable"

Still, I was thinking the whole day about the relation btw an interface
and a human being. What governs such a relation?
(I am not interested in the KDE people they have to make their own mind,
and I also make my own mind.)
IMO if I have an interface I would never concider it a living being, I
would never say to the interface "DO THIS"
"DO THAT" normally human beings only use the direct form when they are
in a reciprocal relation in a situation were both parts are in dynamic
btw each other.
With an interface you only press buttons or read a bottle, it's NOT a
reciprocal situation.
when you have for eg. a dog you would say to him: eat or play with me.

BUT When you are with a machine the situation is even more interesting,
a doll is concidered by a child as being a Human-like individuum and it
speaks with it but the child understands very well that a car is not
human-like and asks for eg:" why doesn't the car work?" and this brings
me to the interface. It seems that ppl normally distance theirselves
from machines/interfaces which are not human-like.
Can you say to a computer :"wassup with you?" you normally say : "Wassup
with this computer?"

I think that's the real momentum behind the users reactions, it is not
the fact that they are governed by microsoft.

SO this brings me to the next point, it seems for me that ppl distance
theirselves from PCs as they do with every interface out there. And
interfaces do not match the standards with which ppl concider
"something" human-like. And as that the spoken ORDER does not take
place.
You would never order a stone to make something. As you would never
order a car to go.
You would say but the stonde does nothing so I can't say to him do
something, but then can you say to the car do something only because it
does one thing? It still doesn't fit in the pattern (human-like ...).
Ans as such you would never order a PC to open.

Think about this situation now: a man besides his car and says to
it:"iftahi" ppl will say he is crazy, BUT if he says:"fath" they'll be
interested in what this masdar will lead to...

That's way I would say psychologically speaking the peoples "problem"
lies in a total different perception of an interface then yours or mine.
when you like your car too much you begin to give it orders, because you
build human relation with your PC maybe the KDE ppl had that, this is
not ironic this is truth, if you handle for too long any machine you
develop for it feelings.

But for a normal user the interface logic imposes itself and how he
percieves the world.

In a bank were PCs are used ppl are not interested in making
world-revolutions they are interested in making money. And an interface
has IMHO to help them attain this goal.

As said this was never really interesting for me, MY point was always:
99% of the users "want" masdar so to get them work with linux in a
plug-and-play manner and don't irritate them let us make it like that.

Still if you really want to see the psychologic mechanics behind such a
behaviour I am to 100% sure that it is not only if NOT at all microsoft.

Why are the Arabs weak ? BECAUSE OF THE DEVIL WEST...

> QAC members.. whenever you have your meeting, _I_ WILL BE PRESENT just
> for this issue. Frankly I am sick of seeing it come up again.

I could simply ignore it and complete my work like I do believe but this
is not right. That's way it keeps up coming so that we all can discuss
it. I wanted to reraise the problem to get discussion on it, this was
intentional ;)

> > When asking them at the end of my little test about which is more
> > confortable and less irritating, their answer (All) was the masdar. So
> > I'll be the hardliner here and I'll stick with masdar ;)
> >

> And you are about to meet the harder liner. Ladies and gentlemen,
> welcome to the show ;)
Is there something to win? Man you're living in the UAE give me some gold ;)

> Regards

yours
Arafat