[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: moving away from SGML to XML
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: moving away from SGML to XML
- From: Kamal Dalal <kamal at banoora dot net>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:57:55 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031221 Thunderbird/0.4
Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
FOP is a Java-based processor to generate typeset documents (e.g.
PDF's). PassiveTeX does the same thing but is written in TeX. I have fop
now setup on sina so I was able to generate PDF's fine (English ones).
But with Arabic PDF's I get "####" for Arabic characters since the font
doesn't have the required glyphs. Not sure how it all ties in together.
Are you refering to Apache FOP ? AFAIK it does not have bidi implemented
yet. So even when you manage to embed the font, it will be bidi-less.
2. You could play with the padding and margin for the
bullets in general.
Right.. but not the direction.
I haven't seen the HTML file in question, but maybe an align="right" can
make a difference.