[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Regarding QaMoose
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Regarding QaMoose
- From: Moustafa Mounir Elqabbany مصطفى مني ر القباني <elqabbany at sunnipath dot com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:22:49 -0800
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (X11/20040208)
Nadim et al,
Insha' Allah, I will look into the standards issue and into dictd input
format. If standards do exist, then of course we should follow them.
If standards don't exist, then maybe we can produce an RFC. Let's
cross this bridge first (i.e. come to a firm answer regarding whether
standards exist or whether we should put a stake in the ground) and then
discuss the topic further.
However, I am still a bit unsettled about entering tons of data that
will need to be massively reordered. The restructuring of the data
can't be automated because programs can't easily parse natural
language. So, if there are ten translations for "run" (which is
reasonable), they will need to be organized manually.
I look forward to more input from yourself and the other members.
fn;quoted-printable:Moustafa Mounir Elqabbany =D9=85=D8=B5=D8=B7=D9=81=D9=89 =D9=85=D9=86=D9=8A=
email;internet:elqabbany at sunnipath dot com