Re: im new here...

WE desperately need a gnome translator, I am the gnome Coordinator and
the only translator in the community, so what about joining me in
translating gnome?

well, i'd be glad to help... i'm also going to be needing some help... now this is what i think i should do... -checkout some files from cvs...(or should i checkout the whole project..?) -translate them using gTranslator -commit them to cvs or send them to you...

now, the second step i still have some problems with...
i downloaded gtranslator and tried to ./configure and make it, but that failed...
so i'm downloading gtranslator-1.0.1-dag-rh9.rpm.... i dunno if it'll work on redhat 8.0

umm, i also downloaded the Wordlist and tried to use it as a dictionary in KBabel, but couldnt...
i think i'll recheck the translator-HOWTO again

this morning i contacted someone from linux-egypt.com about Redhat 9.0, and havent received
a response yet...

Well to understand the whole picture we can make an irc meeting together so that I
intreduce you to the whole gnome translation process: how it is done,
it's guidelines, it's time frame, its goals etc...

i think an irc meeting would be more suitable, because i am new to linux and linux
development, i still have a lot to learn...
so maybe you could setup time and date and inform me 1 or 2 days ahead...

It's better to use gtranslator ( http://www.gtranslator.org ) under
gnome and switching btw Arabic keymap and English keymap is under gnome
very easy, you simply have to dock an applet on your panel and by
clicking on it you can switch back and forth!

i tried that panel applet, but it didnt work...

You'll have to install the latest gnome as it has many patches regarding Arabic
support, I would suggest you to download either Redhat or Mandrake.
There are other distros like Debian or gnoppix but I dunno if you are a
bloody rocky or a hard-core linux user ;) if you're a beginner then
Redhat or MDK is your choice! Both are wonderful distros...

well, i tried to download GNOME, but i just found about a hundred files all .tar.gz or tar.bz2
i dunno if i can install them all... isnt there any easier way to install GNOME, like an RPM or
a makefile...?? or should i just wait and get RH 9.0..?