Localization-config package

The package is now uploaded in Debian so you can check it from there.
I'd gladly include support for Arabic, but you'll have to help me in
that :-)

Regards

Konstantinos
--- Begin Message ---

Hi all,
  I have just uploaded to ftp-master the localization-config package,
which is an slightly redesigned version of locale-config-skolelinux,
so that it is able to work with sarge as well as woody (and of course
future releases).

  For those impatient you can find it at

http://people.debian.org/~markos/localization-config/

Main changes:
1) update-locale-config has 2 modes of operation:
  pre-install and post-install. If -p command line option is used, it
  calls the pre-install scripts, otherwise (default) it calls the
  post-install scripts. Pre-install are the scripts which do debconf
  preseeding, while post-install are those which are called AFTER
  the package installation but before debian-installer exits to the
  login prompt.
2) Version maps used for the packages.
  Three methods are used to find out the version of a package and
  thus the appropriate script to call.
  a. If the package is installed we compare its version to the one in
      the version map and accordingly call the correct script.
  b. If the package is available through the APT repository, we use
      this version instead.
  c. If the package is not available at all, we use the
      /etc/debian_version as fallback. This should not happen often,
      but it might be useful for some package whose debconf values
      we need to preseed and APT knows nothing about. I haven't found
      such a case though.
3) I tried to make the scripts as modular as I could, though I am sure
    there is much room for improvement. Some common subroutines, I
    have put in /usr/lib/localization-config/common/
4) Please, please check the configuration values for each package
  for your locale entry. Although I have tried to be as careful as I
  could and follow some guidelines set by the skolelinux scripts,
  it is possible that I overlooked something.
  In particular I'd like people esp. with non-latin locales that need
  keyboard switching in X (like Greek does) to check the xfree86-kbd
  scripts. If there are changes that need to be made, feel free to
  send me a mail with suggestions or even better a patch.
5) I have documented the code thoroughly so it should be easy to
  follow. As it is, it is quite easy to write more scripts for other
  packages that need localization configuration (eg. database
  encoding configurations?)
6) The whole package building has been revamped to use debhelper, so
  this means there is no need for a Makefile, to install the software.
  Also, due to the use of Apt::Perl for the package information
  routines, a dependency to libapt-pkg-perl has been added.
7) I don't speak troff, so I have not updated the man page, if anyone
  is kind enough... :-)

Comments, suggestions of course welcome.

Regards

Konstantinos

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Quoting Konstantinos Margaritis (markos at debian dot org):

>   I have just uploaded to ftp-master the localization-config package,
> which is an slightly redesigned version of locale-config-skolelinux,
> so that it is able to work with sarge as well as woody (and of course
> future releases).

Weprobably now have to think how we could use it during a complete
system install.

My first idea is adding the package to each language task. Maybe
should we try first with French and Greek?

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
[Christian Perrier]
> Weprobably now have to think how we could use it during a complete
> system install.
>
> My first idea is adding the package to each language task. Maybe
> should we try first with French and Greek?

What about installing it from languagechooser, and add base-config
fragments into the package to get it to enable itself automatically?

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere at hungry dot com):
> [Christian Perrier]
> > Weprobably now have to think how we could use it during a complete
> > system install.
> >
> > My first idea is adding the package to each language task. Maybe
> > should we try first with French and Greek?
>
> What about installing it from languagechooser, and add base-config
> fragments into the package to get it to enable itself automatically?

Yep, this is another interesting possibility. We should however
probably make sure that languagechooser does not install the package
for English installs otherwise we will probably have "I don't want
this localisation shit on my small geek-only router install"
whinings..:-)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Δευ 16 Αυγ 2004 13:06, Frans Pop wrote:
> - The test is for nl_NL at euro dot
>   However, d-i currently does not (yet) set the locale to
> nl_NL at euro, but to nl_NL. Do the tests still work in that case?
>   I think the same goes for other euro countries.

Hm, i copied the values from the former skolelinux package. I suppose
I could add double entries for the locale values sans @euro or some
technique to disregard it... Though, to be frank, I'm confused as to
which countries should/are using the @euro extension. Shouldn't every
locale that needs the euro character but does NOT use UTF-8, include
the @euro extension? hm...
Oh, how easier it would all be if we everyone used UTF-8 :-)

> - For xfree86-kbd the LAYOUT is set to 'nl'.
>   This looks to me to be a real problem as most keyboards in the
> Netherlands have a "US Intl." keyboard layout. Only a minority have
> the Dutch layout. In fact, the default in kbd-chooser is the US
> layout for NL. So IMHO there should be a test of the keyboard
> layout based on the layout already selected by the user in
> kbd-chooser and not a straight test based on location.
>   If a choice _must_ be made, I'd prefer the default to be 'us'!

one idea that springs to mind is to read the corresponding debconf
values from console-data, though this might not be done right away...
and it might not be a 1-1 mapping, console-data to XFree86 I mean.

> - Setting value for dictionaries-common to 'nederlands (Dutch)' and
> for ispell to 'dutch' is only OK if package idutch is installed.
> How is that guaranteed?

Well, in the case of dictionaries-common, it only preseeds the debconf
value, so that when dictionaries-common is installed it figures out
what to do itself, and it seems to work. On the case of ispell
though, this is only used in woody install (the script sarge/ispell
is a dummy) for use in skolelinux, so we should not really worry
about it for long :-)

> - One of the strengths of D-I IMHO if that it is very easy to
> install a system that has English as main language but Netherlands
> as country, and thus has correct defaults for e.g. timezone and
> mirror. I would not like to loose that.

well, as far as sarge is concerned, i don't touch locale or timezone
entries, i leave these to d-i and base-config. The locale and
timezone scripts are taken from the skolelinux script which did for
woody, what d-i does for sarge. Again these scripts are dummies for
sarge. So you can choose english as language and the package will do
nothing for you (because it will not find the locale entry in its
tables, eg en_NL).

> I'm not sure how valid these comments are as I only have a very
> rough understanding of how this package would be used.

Still, thanks for the feedback :-)
At least I know I should change the default values of nl_NL.

Konstantinos

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Quoting Konstantinos Margaritis (markos at debian dot org):

> technique to disregard it... Though, to be frank, I'm confused as to
> which countries should/are using the @euro extension. Shouldn't every

Currently, none..:-)

Just try a diff between /usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_FR and
/usr/share/i18n/locales/fr_FR at euro for instance...

These two locales are here because one most often uses the ISO-8859-1
charset and the other one used ISO-8859-15.

Keeping these locales is indeed only a matter of backward
compatibility...and I'm even not sure this makes sense.

They may make sense for countries in transition towards the Euro
currency such as those which will maybe switch in the future years
(recent "new" EU countries or maybe, let's dream, Denmark, Sweden or
United Kingdom.....in the latter case, this may happen when I reach my
100th birthday)

IMHO, for countries currently using the Euro currency, these @euro
variants do not make sense anymore, even for those which mostly use
the Latin-1/Latin-9 charsets.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Δευ 16 Αυγ 2004 14:47, Christian Perrier wrote:
> These two locales are here because one most often uses the
> ISO-8859-1 charset and the other one used ISO-8859-15.

Ok, this one i knew so far.

> Keeping these locales is indeed only a matter of backward
> compatibility...and I'm even not sure this makes sense.

Ok, now I'm confused, which one is kept for backwards compatibility,
or to put it differently, which should be the default, the "@euro" or
the sans-"@euro"?

> They may make sense for countries in transition towards the Euro
> currency such as those which will maybe switch in the future years
> (recent "new" EU countries or maybe, let's dream, Denmark, Sweden
> or United Kingdom.....in the latter case, this may happen when I
> reach my 100th birthday)
>
> IMHO, for countries currently using the Euro currency, these @euro
> variants do not make sense anymore, even for those which mostly use
> the Latin-1/Latin-9 charsets.

So, should I remove the @euro extension from the locales?
Forgive my persistense, but I can't really understand the use of a
@euro or even a new encoding, if noone is using it.
Hm, perhaps there should be a transition plan to move everything to
UTF-8 :-)

Konstantinos

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for each locale.
I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate it if you sent me feedback
to make sure that all locales have the correct config. Here is the list so far
(borrowed and slightly changed from the Skolelinux):

'ca_ES at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'da_DK'       => { LAYOUT => 'dk', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'de_BE at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'de_DE at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => 'nodeadkeys', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'el_GR.UTF-8' => { LAYOUT => 'us,el', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:ctrl_shift_toggle', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'en_AU'       => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'en_CA'       => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'en_IE at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'en_US'       => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_AR'       => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_ES at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_MX'       => { LAYOUT => 'la', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_PE'       => { LAYOUT => 'es_la', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fi_FI at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fr_BE at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'be', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fr_CA'       => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fr_FR at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'fr', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'it_IT at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'it', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'ja_JP.eucJP' => { LAYOUT => 'jp', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'jp106' },
'ko_KR'       => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'lv_LV'       => { LAYOUT => 'lv', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nb_NO'       => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' }, # Same as no_NO
'nds_DE'      => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nl_BE at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'be', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nl_NL at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nn_NO'       => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'no_NO'       => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' }, # Same as nb_NO
'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'se_NO'       => { LAYOUT => 'sapmi', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'sv_SE'       => { LAYOUT => 'se', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'tr_TR'       => { LAYOUT => 'tr', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp_led:caps' },

Konstantinos

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:25:11AM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for each locale.
> I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate it if you sent me feedback
> to make sure that all locales have the correct config. Here is the list so far
> (borrowed and slightly changed from the Skolelinux):
>
> 'fi_FI at euro'  => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '' },

Finland should also have "XkbModel"      "pc105".

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio dot Lehtonen at IKI dot FI

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
* Konstantinos Margaritis [2004-08-18 00:25:11+0300]
> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for each locale.
> I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate it if you sent me feedback
> to make sure that all locales have the correct config. Here is the list so far
> (borrowed and slightly changed from the Skolelinux):
> [...]
> 'tr_TR'       => { LAYOUT => 'tr', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp_led:caps' },

We should add the 'pc105' option to Turkish:

  'tr_TR'       => { LAYOUT => 'tr', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp_led:caps', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },

Thanks for your time and efforts,

--
roktas

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Konstantinos Margaritis написав:
> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for each locale.
> I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate it if you sent me feedback
> to make sure that all locales have the correct config. Here is the list so far
> (borrowed and slightly changed from the Skolelinux):

'uk_UA'       => { LAYOUT => 'us,ua', XKBOPTIONS =>
'grp_led:caps,grp:ctrl_shift_toggle' },

--
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov

Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Information and Computing Centre
http://icc.univ.kiev.ua

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Konstantinos,

Consta no registro %KM18253 do Livro da Grande Teia que
Konstantinos, em 18/08/04 escreveu o seguinte:

> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for
> each locale. I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate
> it if you sent me feedback to make sure that all locales have the
> correct config. Here is the list so far (borrowed and slightly changed
> from the Skolelinux):

'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBModel => 'abnt2' },

or

'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'us_intl', XKBModel => 'pc104' }

depending if the computer has the native language keyboard (the first)
or the US model.

Regards,

Aracnus

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Κυρ 22 Αυγ 2004 20:57, you wrote:
> Hi Konstantinos,

Tchau! Como vais?

> 'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBModel => 'abnt2' },
>
> or
>
> 'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'us_intl', XKBModel => 'pc104' }
>
> depending if the computer has the native language keyboard (the
> first) or the US model.

Well, Andre Luis Lopez, another developer (CCed) suggested another alternative:

'pt_BR'        => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc104', XKBVARIANT => 'abnt2' },

 Since I am not really an expert in international keyboard layouts, which one should I include?
 (I can only include one per locale though)

Konstantinos

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello Konstantinos,

I'm CC:'ing some mailing lists so the advise bellow are for them. Just
jump to my comments and ignore them.

People from Brazilian related lists, Konstantinos is the maintainer of
the localization-config package. He's trying to improve it in order to
make it be used by default in Debian Sarge. Among lots of other
niceties, localization-config allows the XFree86's keyboard layout
config to be pre-answered based on the language used to install Debian.

This is why I'm CC:'ing you all as I'm really not sure which would be
the best choice for a standard Brazilian keyboard since there are more
than one possible layout used in Brazil. If someone could give
Konstantinos a better advice than me it would surely help Brazilian
Debian users.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:21:14PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> On ?????? 22 ?????? 2004 20:57, you wrote:
> > Hi Konstantinos,
>
> Tchau! Como vais?

"Tchau", at least here in Brazil, is the expression used when people are
leaving. You probably tried to say "Ol", which means "Hello". Also,
"vais" is mostly used in Portuguese from Portugal. Here in Brazil we use
only "vai" :-)

> > 'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBModel => 'abnt2' },
> >
> > or
> >
> > 'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'us_intl', XKBModel => 'pc104' }
> >
> > depending if the computer has the native language keyboard (the
> > first) or the US model.
>
> Well, Andre Luis Lopez, another developer (CCed) suggested another alternative:

Hmm, its "Lopes". Nevermind, I can't get people even from Brazil to write
"Lopes" anyway :-) It's very common that they use "Lopez".

> 'pt_BR'        => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc104', XKBVARIANT => 'abnt2' },
>
>  Since I am not really an expert in international keyboard layouts, which one should I include?
>  (I can only include one per locale though)

I'm not an expert also. I only recommended you to use this layout because
this is the one that I use for my personal machines and for every other
machine I install and it works fine for me.

However, it must be noted that I always use GNOME under XFree86 and I
don't know if GNOME is adding some workarounds to make my life easier
and to fix a possible bad layout choice or if this layout is really
correct.

I'm CC'ing debian-l10n-portuguese at lists dot debian dot org so we could have some
advice from translators which certainly could know better than me about
layout issues. Also, debian-users-portuguese at lists dot debian dot org is a potential
good place for requesting help regarding this issue.

Regards,

--
++----------------------------------------------------------------------++
||  Andr Lus Lopes                 andrelop at debian dot org                ||

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I'd like to point out (add to wishlist) that "win keys" are not enabled by default and it would be nice if they were. Some programs do use them (amarok, if I'm not mistaken) as alt keys.

Maybe this should go to XFree86 team.

[]s
Felipe

Andre Luis Lopes wrote:

'pt_BR' => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBModel => 'abnt2' },

or

'pt_BR' => { LAYOUT => 'us_intl', XKBModel => 'pc104' }

'pt_BR' => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc104', XKBVARIANT => 'abnt2' },

Since I am not really an expert in international keyboard layouts, which one should I include?
(I can only include one per locale though)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Konstantinos,

Consta no registro %KM18253 do Livro da Grande Teia que
Konstantinos, em 18/08/04 escreveu o seguinte:

> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for
> each locale. I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate
> it if you sent me feedback to make sure that all locales have the
> correct config. Here is the list so far (borrowed and slightly changed
> from the Skolelinux):

'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBModel => 'abnt2' },

or

'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'us_intl', XKBModel => 'pc104' }

depending if the computer has the native language keyboard (the first)
or the US model.

Regards,

Aracnus

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
(Sorry for posting to all these lists, but not everybody is subscribed to i18n as Jonas suggested.
Your replies, though should only be directed to debian-i18n at lists dot debian dot org, you don't have to cc me).

Ok, this is the current list with all the feedback I have had so far.

'bg_BG' => { LAYOUT => 'us,bg', XKBVARIANT => ',phonetic', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll' },
'ca_ES at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'cs_CZ'        => { LAYOUT => 'cz_qwerty,us', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:shift_toggle' },
'da_DK'        => { LAYOUT => 'dk', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'de_BE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'de_DE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => 'nodeadkeys', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'el_GR.UTF-8'  => { LAYOUT => 'us,el', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:alt_shift_toggle', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'en_AU'        => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'en_CA'        => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'en_IE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'ga_IE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'en_GB'        => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'gd_GB'        => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'gv_GB'        => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'kw_GB'        => { LAYOUT => 'gb', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'en_US'        => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_AR'        => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_ES at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'es', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'es_MX'        => { LAYOUT => 'la', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'es_PE'        => { LAYOUT => 'es_la', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fi_FI'        => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'fi_FI at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'fr_BE'        => { LAYOUT => 'be', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'fr_BE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'be', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'fr_CA'        => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'fr_CH'        => { LAYOUT => 'fr_CH', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'fr_FR at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'fr', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'he_IL'        => { LAYOUT => 'us,il', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:alt_shift_toggle' },
'it_IT at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'it', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'ja_JP.EUC-JP' => { LAYOUT => 'jp', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'jp106' },
'ko_KR'        => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'lv_LV'        => { LAYOUT => 'lv', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nb_NO'        => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' }, # Same as no_NO
'nds_DE'       => { LAYOUT => 'de', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'nl_BE at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'be', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'nl_NL at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'us', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'nn_NO'        => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'no_NO'        => { LAYOUT => 'no', XKBOPTIONS => '' }, # Same as nb_NO
'pt_BR'        => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc104', XKBVARIANT => 'abnt2' },
'ru_RU'        => { LAYOUT => 'us,ru', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'se_NO'        => { LAYOUT => 'sapmi', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
'sk_SK         => { LAYOUT => 'sk_qwerty,us', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:shift_toggle' },
'sl_SI'        => { LAYOUT => 'si,us', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp:alt_shift_toggle', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'sv_SE'        => { LAYOUT => 'se', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'sv_FI'        => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' }
'sv_FI at euro'   => { LAYOUT => 'fi', XKBOPTIONS => '', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' }
'tr_TR'        => { LAYOUT => 'tr', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp_led:caps', XKBMODEL => 'pc105' },
'uk_UA'        => { LAYOUR => 'us,ua', XKBOPTIONS => 'grp_led:caps,grp:ctrl_shift_toggle', XKBMODEL => 'pc105'}

Tomorrow I will upload a new version with these entries.
Also I will take these entries and merge them in the woody version of X 4.2 (for Skolelinux).
If there are any comments you would like to make on that, please do so by tomorrow.
Some obvious corrections I can do on my own, eg. a LAYOYT => "us, el" becomes "el"
because X 4.2 includes the latin keycodes in many keymaps by default.

Also it's highly likely I will also add a script to configure gdm.

Konstantinos