Re: Arabic and Persian keyboard mappings

> > Is someone around able to tell me that, yes, I should ask for adding
> > these files to the Debian keyboard mapping set?
>
> Yes please.
>
> > (copy to Behdad who is the author of the Persian keyboard mapping
> > file and to Alastair, who maintains the console-data Debian package)
>
> The Persian keyboard is not the best possible, but does the job
> quite well.  Letting me know the way to update it later is much
> appreciated.

OK. I'll report a bug against the Debian package named "console-data",
requesting for the addition of the Arabic and Persian
keyboards. Indeed, I'll report TWO separate bugs as I received a GO
from you for Persian bu no ACK yet for Arabic.

In the future, if you want to maintain the file and send updates, you
should report them as bugs against the console-data Debian package.

For this, you send a mail to submit at bugs dot debian dot org with the following
at the top, in the mail body (pseudo-headers):

Package: console-data
Severity: normal
Tags: patch

Please update the Persian keyboard mapping with the attached
file....blahblah...

And attach the map file to the mail...

If you have problems with this, just mail me. I'm not the package
maintainer but I'll be able to help you.