Re: problems in kbabel

On Yaum al-Khamees 03 Rajab 1425 10:35, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> שלום (אחד שניים) שלוש...
> ok. The bug is trigered also in kmail.
> I cannot see it in kedit which uses qt widgets only.

I believe kedit is far from being using Qt widgets only. It has a very
modified code AFAIK.

> I cannot reproduce this in $qt/examples/textedit/textedit.
> So it's a KDE specific problem. Cool.

Don't know!

> Munzir, please tell me if this bug is available for Arabic as well (90% it
> is). Sorry, but I still dont have Arab fonts here.

Will you please download one from arabeyes KHOTOT project and test? Still I am
searching for some one to download qt and kde sources for me ;)

> > It dies on this string in kdeartwork/kwin_system.po

> > Just tell me if you can reproduce this in Arabic. If you can, add a
> > comment in the bugzilla of KDE. I will try and hunt this bug.

I couldn't reproduce it with Arabic in this string, specifically. I also
enable the spellchecking as you type option but can't reproduce it. As I
commented on the bug it always happen but never systematic.
Diego, I believe if you add a new user (or remove your old settings) you won't
be able to reproduce it on that string, too. The backtrace is much need

<offtopic>I have a power cut while typing this messsage. When it's back Linux
put the same message in front of me exactly as I have left it. I loved this a
lot because never have I thought it is possible. Does Windows have this
feature?</offtopic>

Note: it will be great if you stick to utf-8 in your messages ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA