Arabic and Persian keyboard mappings

After a few searches, I found the BIcon project on Arabeyes website.

Among a lot of other stuff, it includes keyboard mapping files for an
Arabic and a Persian keyboard (keymap/arabic.map.gz and
keymap/ir.map.gz).

Debian's console-data (the data used by console-tools) currently do
not include any Arabic or Persian keyboard mappings....which make our
current Arabic and Persian translations a bit useless....

Is someone around able to tell me that, yes, I should ask for adding
these files to the Debian keyboard mapping set?

(copy to Behdad who is the author of the Persian keyboard mapping
file and to Alastair, who maintains the console-data Debian package)