[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: problems in kbabel
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: problems in kbabel
- From: Diego Iastrubni <elcuco at kdemail dot net>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:09:27 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.1 (Windows/20040626)
Munzir Taha wrote:
On Yau al-Thulatha 01 Rajab 1425 23:43, Diego Iastrubni wrote:This was the situation when earlier versions of QT was mixed with X 4.3.
Later QT versions (3.2 I think) fixed this. At least for hebrew. I have
been using this for a very long time with no problems.
I would like to know if anyone here is using kbabel from kde3.3.
I found that the translation panel there reverses the parenthesis, "("
becomes ")" when translating Hebrew. I assume the same will be for Arabic.
Can anyone here confirm this?
Do you mean that when you press SHIFT+9 you got ")" and SHIFT+0 you got "("
and this should be the reverse? Isn't this the situation also in Qt apps like
kmail in KDE3.2-? If this is what you mean, it's not strictly a bug. I am
I can assure you, that this problem is valid only in kbabel. For
example, I write something in the run menu (ctrl+f2), copy it, paste it
into kbabel and then I see the messed up in kbabel. I need to test if
this problem is caused in qtexteditor (or qritchtexedit) or is kde
Meanwhile, I also managed to crash kbabel. I noticed the crashes happen
when I mix hebrew inside HTML tags. I wonder if anyone here can
reproduce this for Arabic as well. See my bug report anyway:
Mandrake 10.1 beta doesn't have kbabel to test but I think I can help if you
gave more info.You must be brave if you use Mandrake betas... :)
diego, kde-il translation team
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms