Re: Generating "test" POs for testing purposes

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> What I want to talk about is a way to quickly find where a mispelling
> originated from. When I see something wrong in some menu I have no easy
> way of knowing exactly which string of which PO contains the mistake.
> It would be good if we had "testing" POs, where all strings carry
> unique identifiers.
>
> This identifier doesnt have to be complicated. Just the po file's name
> followed by the string number would be sufficient.
>
> So, for example in the file xyz.po you might have the following as the
> 14th string:
>
> msgid "hello"
> msgstr "مرحبا - xyz_14"

Isn't it easy enough now to simply find the application's name (ie. file)
and search for the offending string within ?  Is the location of the string
within the various .PO files really that much of a mystery ?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I'm not a .PO user ;-)