Re: GNOME Desktop files

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Here are a few examples of the anomalies I've found while working on
> the files. I really wish I had time to open all files one by one and
> list all the mistakes but this should give us a general idea of what
> we're up against when doing QA :)
>
> * In gnome-games I found 3 different translations of the word 'reserve'
> (the noun). I've seen احتياطي, كومة احتياط, and
> مدّخر. I replaced throughout in favour of مدّخر. (FIXED)

The qac_* term-intersect files look at entire strings not shear words
and that's a short-coming which if fixed (and its a big if) would catch
the scenario you outline above (among others).  Since I don't know how
to extract or marry the arabic translation from within a long string to
a smaller subset algorithmically, I can't envision this will happen anytime
soon.

I simply wanted to reply for completeness.  If/when time allows we could
simply dump out a list of the most common/occurring words irrespective of
their translation if that seems useful.