Re: GNOME Desktop files

I am maybe the only one here who likes giving as much freedom as
possible to the "contributors", and I like hearing their idea very much
it makes me improve myself anyway!!! Sometimes even Nadim criticised me
of giving too much freedom!

For me the most important thing is the feeling that we ALL work
together, and that we respect each others work.
As long as this is reflected in everyones mails then I'll never oppose
anything, even if someone makes some things in his own, I then say "mm
well that wasn't a good move but ok he's working with a "good heart" on
this..." Then ok no problem, But this as long as I have the feeling it's
all for the project we want to work on.

Even if I want I can't control a project as big as gnome and it's
becoming even bigger: more files, more ppl working on, more rules... If
every translator doesn't control himself then no one will control him,
and no one can really control every aspect of his work on the project so
respect for ourselves and for the project is very important.

What I want to say with this is: if it comes to me I would really give
you EVERY freedom you want, as long as I SEE responsability, social
cohesion, and awareness of how meaningful what you're doing is, if this
is present then my involvement will be minimal.
And that's what the paper will bring...The more responsability the
translators show, the less involvement there will be from the
coordinator, I'll be a "simple" translator like everyone (whereas simple
here is not the right word anyway...); The more I feel there is chaos
the more I'll control the ongoings of the project.

Arafat