Re: QAC Apr. 17, 2004 Meeting

Salam,

1. Shadda, the shadda has to be written into any word which has it
originally but I am not sure if we have to write it down for "af3al
musarrafa" or "mu3arrafa" I think we need to discuss this in the QAC.
(only for more clarfication)

2. Tanween at the end is written down, as you don't know if the alif is
for tanwin or not!
But this is not a QAC relevant point I think.

3. This discussion about fi3l amr or masdar was one of the HARDEST
discussions between me and Mohammed. He was stressed and me too, We made
a poll on it and we had long threads going on:
http://linux4arab.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-Polls&file=index&req=results&pollID=16&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

and this link for the wiki discussion:

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/QacDiscussions

I could repeat the whole thing here but please read it yourself!

But about your "go to" thingie.  as always I asked my usability experts
(I love them, I can test any usability thing on my sisters ;) And be
aware they are great usability experts as they never used microsoft AND
they don't understand how to open an app ;))
Well and the answer was as I thought, go to is understood by them as
"move to" to move to a place. So the old discussion araises again on how
a user percieves the interface. And anyway the term go to is a legacy
term for itself meaning to "I go to" so even computer legacy is true in
this context.
So the rule also applies here.

Please voice grievances ;) I'll be happy to hear them!

yours
Arafat