Re: E D S for Abdulaziz

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:

> But Kunya is not really right as in the eastern
> Arabic region this Abu
> thingie is very wide-spread. So using a Kunya in the
> app is indeed
> false. But laqab too!

Well, I checked Al-Mawrid by Munir Ba'albaki. It
listed nickname as 'laqab'. Since this dictionary has
been in use for many years I don't know if its our
responsibility to go further than the dictionary.

At the moment I don't have any ideas, but perhaps we
can use a different form of kunya or laqab. Try the
following:
كناية
تلقيب

I don't think its such a big issue. So if no one else
has any ideas, lets just go with kunya, because I
think I've seen it used in more than one gnome po.