Re: E D S for Abdulaziz

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:

> Abdulaziz please start to work on the eds :
> Evolution Data server po
> which resides in the extras directory.

Roger that. I've taken a look at the file and since
many of the entries are just duplicates, this file
shouldn't take more than a day or two.

By the way, as for gossip.HEAD.po, thanks for all the
corrections and feedback. I've noticed a few
inconsistencies (sp?) though. For one, I had
translated "nickname" as "laqab" but you saw fit to
change it to "kinyah". I guess you must have done a
search and replace with kbabel, but unfortunately the
search didn't catch all the entries and there were
still a couple of "laqab"s left in the file. Why
didn't the search catch them? Because those two had
harakat in them.

Which brings me to my point. If kbabel's search has an
option to ignore the accelerator mark, why stop there?
Why shouldn't the option be to ignore any list of
characters that the user selects? That way we can
search for the word we want regardless of whether the
person who typed it put harakat on it or not. I REALLY
think this a very important issue. Can we file a bug
report about this?

At any rate, I'll get to work on EDS right away, and
also go over gossip one final time and see if there is
any minor cosmetic work that needs to be done. Should
I remove all the comments I added or keep them there
for future reference?

Abdulaziz,