Re: corrected po

Salam all,

A big thanks to Arafat for the guidance. It was
immensely helpful. Iĺl be sure to stick to it from
now on. Hereś a crazy idea, what if I actually tried
to use the software I'm translating for? :D

I should have thought of that sooner. Would have put
everything into context for me.

At any rate here is my report for tonight:
Only 30 messages translated today. I did however
finally upgrade to Man 10. Kbabel is working perfectly
now. Arabic viewing and typing now fully supported on
my box. With everything working so well, expect to see
the file finished by tomorrow, or Friday at most.

A small problem for me right now is assigning
shortcuts. This problem should go away once I start
using the software though. Also, I have come to a
conclusion that although the words ¨emoticons¨ and
¨smileys¨ are used interchangeably, emoticons is the
one we should translate because, well, not all those
ugly yellow faces are smiling :) X( :0 :P

So I pose to you gentlemen the following suggestions:
1. ta3abeer/ mu3abbirat
2. asareer (I know, a little too poetic)

Anymore suggestions? Also, I need suggestions on how
to translate ¨status message¨. I used a word for
word translation but it doesnṫ feel right. Those
Microsoftish meaningless and almost non-human
translations drive the end-user crazy. (says my
father, to whom constantly cursing Microsoft has
become sort of a ritual. It won't be long before Linux
becomes a viable option to people like him).

Thats all I have in my bag for now. By the way Nadim,
sorry for not applying for a CVS account yet. I still
need to configure my settings properly so I can access
CVS from behind this proxy. I connect to the Internet
through a LAN. If all else fails Iĺl just subscribe
with another ISP through dial-up. This situation is
only temporary.

Salam to all,

Abdulaziz