Re: about screenz

Hello Adeel:

ADeeL MuniR wrote:

>I want to know that in the Linux Bootable CD >distribution project,

The project is called Arabbix. It is at:

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Arabbix

the screens were made from
 >scratch or the existing English environment was
 >modified into required language by just translating
 >strings on the same interface? Can anyone guide me
for
 >this? If they were made from scratch then how is this

The arabic interface is supported by GNOME and the Arabic translation was done by editing .po files and putting in arabic translation for each and every english string. There are lots of docs explaining this .. Google.com is your friend :)

>done or if they were just translated then also plz tell >me the method. The language that I am interested in >doesn’t support Gnome translation.

What language are you thinking of working on . Please note that in order for arabic to work on GNOME, GNOME has to have support for it. I am talking about having a text engine that knows how to deal with Arabic language writing and shaping of words.

Do let me know on the this list and I will do my best to aid you. :)

Good luck

Anmar

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 <http://g.msn.com/8HMBEN/2728??PS=> and get 2 months FREE*