Re: Complete Report: Terminology, Wordlist...

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> I think, -and this is MY opinion- everyone has to stick to the
> guidelines of The Arabeyes project.
> I like them very much, and they helped me alot in my work and I feel so
> confortable with them that I don't want to change them against Mr Hafids
> proposals.

I don't think (and hope) that Hafid is looking to replace things.  I think
he's hoping to change things to the better slowly - and that is all fine
given its done without emotions and without detracting from the work at-hand.
In other words, its a background issue that can be discussed.  Arabeyes has
always believed in "Best Idea Wins" and as such we are always open to ideas
and critique in hopes of improving ourselves and the organization, but let
it be known that the work comes first and foremost.  We all need to produce
and do our share and have discussions on the side (and not vice-versa).

> BTW not using Windows translations is a legal issue, NEVER use something
> from microsoft unless it is under an open source license or Arabeyes
> will be sued by one of the Arabic dependencies of M$ for sure...

I'm trying to get a clear and clean answer with that regard.  If I don't
get one in say 2 days I'm removing that 'other/techlist.po' file as I
don't want us to get mired in non-Open Source data.  If there is content
is that file that came from Microsift, then it needs to be removed unless
their license allows for it.

I still think having a common 'techlist' is important once its terms and
translations are agreed upon :-)