Re: Complete Report: Terminology, Wordlist...

I didn't read the complete list of Mr Hafid, But thats a whole overhaul
for me, that's a little bit mor then a "technical list" ...
I think, -and this is MY opinion- everyone has to stick to the
guidelines of The Arabeyes project.
I like them very much, and they helped me alot in my work and I feel so
confortable with them that I don't want to change them against Mr Hafids
proposals.

The Metaprojects guidelines are very flexible and free, and that's why I
like working with the group.
Maybe mohammed will say he's flattering me but those are my words anyway
I am very happy with how the project is done.
On the other hand that's too much things to deal with, which are in my
opinion not important, who will be the foreign translator who will come
to work with Arabeyes having a foreign name? And saying ah great I want
to work on KDE or GNOME arabization?!!! Hmmm I haven't even seen Arabic
translators...

There are many issues which are MAYBE not really important.
Organizing the project is something which the maintainers have to do, so
cleaning up code or working on old code is still the problem of the
maintainers I think.

For eg. I first worked a little bit then stopped work for over half a
year then returned to complete translation of gnome 2.2 in 3 or 4 months
of hard work, and reorganizing the whole project, and now I feel ready
for cleaning. If someone would say to me first of all only clean I would
maybe totally get lost... And the project also as it wasn't mature,
maybe KDE is different...

Those are my two cents...
BTW not using Windows translations is a legal issue, NEVER use something
from microsoft unless it is under an open source license or Arabeyes
will be sued by one of the Arabic dependencies of M$ for sure...

yours
Arafat