Re: Complete Report: Terminology, Wordlist...

--- hafid71 at gawab dot com wrote:

> خطتي في التَّعامل مع المصطلحات الجديدة:
> - المصطلحات "النَّظيفة نسبيا" ملونة
> بالأزرق
> - المصطلحات الحمراء: هي مصطلحات MS وهي بحاجة
> لاستغلال وتدقيق
> - المصطلحات الخضراء: هي مصطلحات ArabEyes وهي
> بحاجة لاستغلال وتدقيق
> - المصطلحات البنيَّة: هي مصطلحات OpenOffice وهي
> بحاجة لاستغلال وتدقيق
> - المصطلحات الرَّماديَّة: هي المصطلحات
> التِّي صادفتها حديثا، خاصة أثناء
> ترجمة آخر
> الملفات وهي بحاجة للتأكد إن كانت موجودة
> مسبقا في المسرد.

Hafid, I don't have too many comments on what you are saying I do
want to stress 3 points (and not make this long so as to keep
people interested in reading this topic).

 1. You note that you did in fact download some translations from
    MS - as such, can you point me to their license ?  Did MS give
    the users that downloaded that list full rights to use their
    translations ?  Again, Arabeyes only deals with Open Source
    code and we don't want to over-step that authority !!

 2. I highly recommend you stop using (and or updating) that excel
    file.  As noted I spent close to 3 hours on getting the file into
    a format that all can read and access.  If your answer to question
    #1 above leads us to the removal of some (or all) of the terms then
    so be it (no harm done).  But I again am asking you to simply let
    go of that file and concentrating on doing things the way we have
    been doing them.

      http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/wordlist/other/

 3. Don't concern yourself with the 'wordlist' files or project.
    Let's just get the 'techincal list (techlist)' taken care of
    and agreed upon.

In terms of using linux, do please contact your friend and start using
Linux/FreeBSD for all your translation work.  I, for one, will no longer
look at any excel/word/etc files regarding this matter.