Re: About Terminology

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> From what I am seeing there are many idea circulating in the mailing
> lists, from using the wordlist as a help to making it a law, from using
> hafids lists to examining it to merging it with wordlist. From uploading
> my words to making a consensus.
> I have to admit I am confused ;)
> Well make what you think is best!

Arafat, no need to be confused.  Forget 'wordlist' completely for now
(its nothing you should worry about or even consider just yet).  What
I am planning on doing is uploading the following file to our CVS so
that you (and others !!) can discuss the translations within that file
(and add to it whatever is missing) so that it becomes the standard
that all translators could use to reference.  If you like you can mail
me your file of terms and I'll attempt to augment it to what hafid has.

Hafid, I just downloaded this zip file and its a MicroZift Excel file
which I can _not_ work with (don't have excel),

  http://www.php4arab.info/ghosn/downloads/acronyms.zip

Please mail me ASAP a UTF-8 text file (format doesn't matter) so that
I can message it into a .po file.

I highly recommend that everyone that is doing translations move very
quickly to using Linux/Unix-flavored machines only.

Hafid, I'm waiting for your reply and text file !!