Re: Evolution and Arabic

Once upon a time Hassan Abdin wrote @ 25 May 2003 21:01:17 +0300

> Salamo 3alaikom,
>
> Since Gtk2 based application can read and write in many languages
> including arabic, I assume the Evolution 1.3.x version could do so since
> it GTK2 based. My question is how to make Evolution 1.3.x do this? I
> know that you can choose the encoding for the display of any message as
> well choose the global encoding display for all messages. The important
> question is how to make Evolution 1.3 (the future 1.4) include arabic
> encodings as well? Is there an encoding file that you can make Evolution
> use to properly display arabic? There is a related question which is
> where does Evolution store encodings? Or does it use X original
> encodings? Are you familiar with that problem and do you know the
> answer?
The doc list is not the proper place for this discussion
Please consider moving it to the general or developer lists "i didn't move it cause i don't know if you are subscribed to one of them or not"
I've checked ximian.com and found that evo 1.3.92 is there, I'm currently downloading an SRPM "didn't find the tarball" and i'll try building it on my Debian woody box. "i'm not crazy, I know that woody doesn't come with gnome 2.x but i have garnome installed" and i'll try to investigate.
Please Dr. Hassan, If you have a bug or a missing feature, Then you should report it via bugzilla!
"ximian bugzilla or gnome bugzilla if there is no ximian one" I'm not using evo. so i don't know.

I'll investigate farther and report back, BTW: I've found redhat 9 RPMs for 1.3.92!

PS. May you send me your public key ?

--
-- Katoob Main Developer