Re: CVS conflicts [WAS: Oops!]

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:22:42PM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> I think you have a problem in your site (may be your DNS)

Could you be more specific?

> I am about to lose my mind. Yes, it's changed but it's me who made these
> change. Am I conflicting with myself?

Sounds like you are working with multiple files. Not sure what to say.

> Where is the ======== and <<<<<<<< which is mentioned there.

The ---- is the same as ==== and the < is the same as  <<<<<<
(perhaps this is a cvs diff difference.. but they are essentially the same
thing).

> If you are living in an Saudi Arabia you won't say this. I think you have a
> fast connection so you can theorize easily about this ;) It's not like this
> of course. Even if I change one word and make an update it will take a long
> time. I monitored my connection and a large number of packets is being

You are right. When committing a file, the entire file is sent and the
diff is done on the server side. When doing an 'update' you only download
the diff and not the entire file.

> uploaded. Not sure why but I think you can't say there is a one word change
> if you can't look into the whole file, gaze at it, look again and then
> decide. Deal with it.

Well, looks like it's time for Nadim to break that file up then ;) In
the meantime, I suggest you do your cut/paste idea ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir