Re: I have alomost finished KTouch

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:46:07AM +0100, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,
>
> Aie, aie, aie. Well, I need to review all my translations then ;)

Heheh.. please do -- everyone!

> However, is this in a standardization purpose (doing the same as the
> existing) or only to fake the user/machine communication ?

Both. It is not so much 'fake' as it is more natural. A user is in effect
instructing the program to perform a task, not telling it about it.

> "Taghyeer..." sounds more natural to me, but maybe because I am used to the
> French system which uses infinitive verbs or nouns rather than the
> imperative form.

I am not sure about French (I can count from 1 to 10 that's about it ;)
but in English (and as should be in Arabic), it should always at all
times be in imperative form. "fi3l amr".. they are to be taken as instructions,
no more no less.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: