VIM 6.2 enabling arabic is vague

I just spent an hours trying to get GVIM 6.2 to write arabic.

Read the help, compiled with the right flags.. it got me thinking... it is not clear how to enable arabic on VIM 6.2. can you guys please respond with the steps necessary to enable arabic support properly in VIM. BTW, I can see the arabic letters but the shaping is not there.

Once the list is complete, I will compile a document out of it and submit to Arabeyes... as a supplement to VIM's docs on how to enable arabic in VIM 6.2

Thanks

Anmar