Re: [Issue N16335] A mirroring bug in QTable and QTabDialog

On Wednesday, 19. Feb 2003 19:51 Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> >From: qt-bugs (at) trolltech (dot) com
> >Subject: Re: [Issue N16335] A mirroring bug in QTable and QTabDialog
> >Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:36:36 +0100
> >
> >Hi Youcef,
>
> >Great. If you just tell me whenever you update the file, I'll also
> >submit the updated version to Qt.
>
> OK. We'll do. From your side, keep us informed of any change to it
> (new strings to be translated) so we can easily/quickly update it :-)

I'll try :-)

> I have added the six other non translated files to our CVS:
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/translate/qt/
>
> 'mywidget_ar.ts' and 'tt3_ar.ts' are fully translated to Arabic, so
> you can already add them to QT. Sorry, but i couldn't resist the
> temptation and satisfaction to translate such a small file as
> 'tt3_ar.ts' :-) Maybe some user will find it useful after all.

Cool, thanks a lot. Due to our internal deadline for Qt-3.1.2 I couldn't
add the new files to 3.1.2 anymore, but they will be in 3.1.3 for sure
:)

> My next task is 'demo_ar.ts'. I still don't know if i will translate
> or not the QT tools. It is possible that an arabic user with average
> knowledge in English may find it useful to have a translated interface
> when he/she uses QT Designer in order to create GUI's. Or just for the
> purpose of harmonization. I will tell you anyway if I'll do it or not.
>
> I will add the following comment at the begining of each translated
> file:
>
> <!-- Translation achieved by Arabeyes Project
> (http://www.arabeyes.org) -->
> <!-- Translator(s): -->
> <!-- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal (at) arabeyes (dot) org> -->
>
> I already did it for the three translated files so far (so you will
> need to update 'qt_ar.ts' again in order to take this change into
> account :-)).

Done.

> We would appreciate that you add in
> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/credits.html this sentence: 'Arabeyes
> Project (http://www.arabeyes.org) "doc (at) arabeyes (dot) org "' a
> README file in QTDIR/translations would be fine too. Only cite
> Arabeyes, its URL and the 'doc' list address as the origin of the
> translation, no need to cite one person in particular :-)

I added the line to credits.html.

> Thank you very much,

I think it's me that has to say thanks ;-)

Cheers,
Lars

--
Lars Knoll, Senior Software Engineer
Trolltech AS, Waldemar Thranes gt. 98, N-0175 Oslo, Norway