Re: [Issue N16335] A mirroring bug in QTable and QTabDialog

Hi Youcef,

On Wednesday, 19. Feb 2003 00:36 Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> >Cool. Thanks a lot. I've added the translation to Qt, and the 3.1.2
> >release will contain it :)
>
> Thanks :-) I have renamed qt-untranslated.ts to qt_ar.ts. It is
> exactly the same one as yesterday's but I hope this will easy future
> references to it. You can find it from now on in:
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/translate/qt/qt_ar.ts

Great. If you just tell me whenever you update the file, I'll also
submit the updated version to Qt.

> > BTW, if you set your LANG environment variable to ar, the Qt demo
> > example will load your translation. I't only partly in arabic
> > though, as there is no demo_ar.ts. I always using this example to do
> > some of my testing of our right to left support.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Lars
>
> I took a look at all '.ts' files in QTDIR, here's the list I came
> with:
> $(QTDIR)/tools/assistant/assistant_xx.ts
> $(QTDIR)/tools/designer/designer/designer_xx.ts
> $(QTDIR)/tools/linguist/tutorial/tt3/tt3_xx.ts
> $(QTDIR)/tools/linguist/linguist/linguist_xx.ts
> $(QTDIR)/translations/qt_xx.ts                          (done)
> $(QTDIR)/examples/i18n/mywidget_xx.ts
> $(QTDIR)/examples/demo/translations/demo_xx.ts

Assistant, designer and linguist are just if you would want to run these
applications in arabic. As the Qt docs are not translated anyway (and
probably never will be), these actually do not make too much sense. The
tutorial neither. The only ones that would make sense in my opinion are
mywidget_xx.ts and demo_xx.ts. Both are in the examples and can be used
to show people the level of arabic support Qt has. The demo example is
especially nice as I use it a lot for internal testing.

> If you feel that it is important to have all/part of them translated
> to Arabic I can manage to translate them (a bit slower than what i did
> for qt_ar.ts). Since there are no arabic '.ts' files, i will copy an
> existing file to xx_ar.ts and translate it. Please let us know what
> are the important/having_priority files for translations, and if there
> is any kind of deadline (QT 3.1.2 release for example).

As I said, these two would be nice. No need to hurry at all though. We
didn't have them for a long time, so it doesn't matter if they come in
a bit earlier or later.

> We would highly appreciate the possibility to make a reference/tribute
> to Arabeyes translation work so this work can have an 'official'
> meaning. For example in the '.ts' files themselves and/or in a webpage
> with translation teams. Or any other possible form of credit.

I can add something to the credits section
(http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/credits.html). Please feel free to add a
comment to the .ts file aswell. I can also add a README to
QTDIR/translations stating the origin of the translations. Just tell me
whom/what exactly I should mention.

We currently do not have a lot of translations, so there is no special
web page dedicated to translation teams I could use.

> This time I have CC'd the Arabeyes 'doc' mailing list rather than the
> 'developer' one. The 'doc' is the mailing list related to Arabeyes
> translation activities. I first CC'd the 'developer' list (related to
> developement activities in Arabeyes) since it was a bug report
> initially. Please use this list for any future correspondance related
> to the Arabic translation.

I will do. Thanks a lot,

Lars

--
Lars Knoll, Senior Software Engineer
Trolltech AS, Waldemar Thranes gt. 98, N-0175 Oslo, Norway