Re: Coordinator Expectations

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:25:01AM +0100, Hicham Amaoui wrote:
I don't accept that other poeple not working in the tranlsation process dictate what I must or not do.

Salam,

First of all I am very disappointed at this reply. I am sure that
it was written in haste and was driven by a misunderstanding of the
original post rather than careful consideration.

Secondly, Nadim is a 'core' member of the Arabeyes project and as
such as by default working in the translation process (it would
be too long of a list to put down the things he has done that are
directly related to the kde project). But for argument's sake,
all the scripts related to KDE CVS sync'ing were done by him.

Thirdly, that post was actually delegated to me to do and Nadim
tried to accelerate things (since Nadim knows very well how my personal
schedule is like). This came after long discussions and several meetings.
You can view all of these things on the minutes and agenda which are publically available here:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/ae_admin/weekly_minutes
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/ae_admin/weekly_agenda

I don't think there is much for me to add to the thread, as most
things have already been said. We are a team, and although there
is a core team that is responsible for coordinating between
all the other projects, there is no such thing as dictation. If
there are certain things in the proposal you are unhappy with,
you are expected to point them out and discuss them. The idea is to
achieve our goals through a constructive dialog.

That's just my $0.02's worth.

later

I don't see us as a team. What I see is some decisions are made behind the scenes and we, contributors to the project, have no says on it. We have just to follow some guidline written somewhere.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to continue in such closed environment.

Regards,
Hicham