Re: Translation request

Hi. I guess I'm able to finish that be the end of this week while working on the
Arabic dictionary too.

Ossama Khayat
ossamak at nht dot com dt kw

Robin Johnson wrote:

As-salaam alaykum,
(ok, so I borrowed that from a tourist guide, Arabic isn't in my
personal repitoire of languages so far [but it will be in 6 months]).

I'm a developer on phpMyAdmin (http://sf.net/projects/phpmyadmin/)
(http://www.phpmyadmin.net/), trying to organize some more up to date
translations for our application.

Amongst the languages that are badly out of date is Arabic.  I was
wondering if somebody would be kind enough to volunteer to update the
translations for us, for our upcoming major release?

All that is needed is downloading a file, and translating the 190
remaining phrases to arabic, using the windows-1256 character set (we
have scripts to create a UTF8 version from that).

Here is a link to the file in the CVSWeb:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/lan
g/arabic-windows-1256.inc.php3?rev=1.45&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-ma
rkup
Raw download link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/phpmyadmin/php
MyAdmin/lang/arabic-windows-1256.inc.php3?rev=1.45

You can either email it back to me personally, or send it to our
translators mailing list, phpmyadmin-translators at lists dot sourceforge dot net dot

Shokran.