Re: CVS Syncs etc

Hi,

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 09:19:37AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Hicham Amaoui <amaoui altern org> wrote:
> I think You must have a cvs account on gnome cvs server. Ask Mohammed > who was doing the job before.
> I can apply for a gnome cvs account and do the syncing if needed.

Isam was doing all this (and arabeyes already has an account), so
its best to wait for isam to respond and to get him to document
the process (isam, if the account we have is individualized (ie.
in your name), we need to get one as 'arabeyes').

I have asked Isam on several occasions to document all the steps so I can script and automate the whole thing. I have yet to receive a comprehensive document on it (there were bits and pieces and then we got busy with other things).

When Hicham was supposed to have taken over the process (and I am
apparently that's not happening), again the subject came up to
document all of this. I am not sure what happened after that.

There's a document file for kde in doc/howto/kde-i18n-maintain.en.sgml. I've written a script to automate the process. I'll commit it when I polish it a litle :-).
In short, I'll manage the kde synchronization.

The accounts are individualized and I do not want to request an
'arabeyes' account. I am not too keen on having accounts with multiple
people doing things, where you lose accountability. Neither are the
GNOME and/or KDE projects thrilled with the idea (it was proposed
several times.. many times.. and they both were very against it, even
having a generic email instead of the person's email addresS). Look,
that's how they do things. We will accommodate and do what we can to
get things right on our ends.

In any case, once Isam gets me a documented procedure, I will script it
and we will be done with it.

Arafat, if you are serious about GNOME I suggest you take the lead on it,
in terms of being the gnome-i18n maintainer. Isam is simply not
interested in this whole thing anymore and would rather do something
else. You seem to have enough commitment and motivation that I think
everyone would agree about ;)

Yes, Arafat have done a remarkable job so far :-). Keep the great work!

later

Regards,
Hicham