Re: Getting arabic to work

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 09:00, Mohammad Saleh wrote:
> Salam,
>
> I'm trying to get arabic to work on linux. The HOWTO is a little bit
> confusing.
>
> 1 - I don't know how to check for the options of the linux kernel, any
> help is appreciated.
>
> 2 - Orbit link is not working, on my Debian machine I installed the
> Orbit package but when I tried to install the Akka package it complained
> about fribidi (I don't know where to get the Debian package from since I
> installed the fribidi libs but I doubt the package manager in Debian
> would knows about it)
>
> 3 - Installed Akka the tar way and now it complains about Orbit.
>
> 4 - SWIG installed fine but I don't know what Akka is going to say about
> it.
>

> I'm not that familiar with Linux coding may be Mohammed can shed some
> light here. I find it strange to find an ORB broker required in such an
> application?

I am afraid that Akka will sacre lots of people away from trying other
applications. I suggest you install mlterm it is available as debian
package, so it is only an apt-get away from you :)

you can also ignore the kernel for now, and just try to install the
Arabic fonts in your system.

Walid
--
Walid Shaari <shaari at arabeyes dot org>
www.arabeyes.org