From: Stanislav Visnovsky [mailto:visnovsky at kde dot org]
Sent: Thu3 /13/12 2003: 24PM
To: kbabel at kde dot org; kde-i18n-doc at kde dot org
Subject: [Kbabel] ATTN: KBabel translation database change

Hi!

If you use KBabel translation database, please, read this.

Stephan Kulow was so kind to port the translation database to Berkeley
Database version4 . The key reason is dropping of support for DB II in
current distros.

The code is in HEAD and BRANCH now.

The important notice: The code does not support DB II anymore. Also, it
cannot handle your old translation database. Therefore, it will ask you
at the first start to create a new one - as a side effect, it will REMOVE
the old database (maybe we should change that to rename the files
instead).

You should backup your files in
$KDEHOME/share/apps/kbabeldict/modules/dbsearchengine/ before answering
Yes to create a new database.

I will try to write support for importing the old database and I'll
inform you about the progress.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Stanislav

<<winmail.dat>>