Re: Number of weeks in hijri calendar (for kcalendarsystemhijri)

--- Amin Moro <cfmoro correo uniovi es> wrote:
> Searching information, hijri calendar is based on the lunar year
> of 354 days, so... / 7 = 50.5 ... then 51 might be the max week
> allowed...
>
> On Friday 18 October 2002 16:56, Amin Moro wrote:
> > How many weeks are in an hijri year? I see many times 51, but
> > I ignore if it's a constant or if it may suffer variations...

The hijri calender, if memory serves, is 11 days shorter than the
gregorian-based (ie. western or "meladi" as its called in Arabic);
so your assertion and calculation above is correct.  I'm not sure
how/if Kcalendar treats work-weeks (ie. ww) if at all, but they
usually spill from year-to-year -- something similar, if appropriate
could be used.

Have you guys included the "holiday" section related to the calendar ?

Once all is done, it might be helpful for others if you, Mr. Moro,
could put together a brief 1-2 paragraph document on all your findings
in case others come asking (month names, days, conversion equations,
holiday days, start of week, etc :-)

Again, many MANY thanks for your continued interest and help.