Re: utf-8 in browsers

To write in mozilla in utf-8 encoding, you need to just change the encoding to utf-8 and write using arabic keymap.

Salam.

 Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

--- john wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > John, you need to use a browser that supports the display of UTF-8
> > encodings (try mozilla, konqueror, etc). You might have to invoke that
> > setting by hand (look into display and encodings, etc on your browser
> > of choice).
>
> Thank you for your help ! I did go to Mozilla and selected the
> utf-8 encoding. That allowed me to view Arabic text, though for the most
> part too small to be read easily. I cannot print or reply in Arabic ?
> Should I be able to do so ? How.

The part about the text being too small to read is font related. You need
to select a more appropriate font that suits your needs (I'm sure this is
mentioned in Mozilla's FAQ or similar). As for the replying in Arabic,
I don't think that is possible within Mozilla and so you'll have to use an
external program to write a UTF-8 Arabic message and then simply paste it
into Mozilla. Lastly, printing should work (I haven't tested that as of
late, but that should be functional).

A few things to the "list members" (WAKE UP ALL !!) -

1. Does Mozilla support other languages in its compose/reply buffers ?
If it does, shouldn't we ask for proper Arabic support there too ?

2. Could someone please confirm whether one can print an Arabic UTF-8
message from within Mozilla ?

Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi
Project: Arabeyes Project (TM).
Goal: Bringing Unix to arabic world.
Homepage: http://www.arabeyes.org
IRC Channel: #arabeyes / Server: irc.openprojects.net
Browsing - Galeon = No_Browsing

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now