RE: what is the translation of "daemon"?

Salam,

What Chahine has said, is just what I want to say. I always know that
"daemon" is something like a TSRs in Dos that performs services when a
specific conditions come true, so if I see "motarabes el teba3ah" I
think I may get the idea. Besides, I think we are not the only body that
translates English IT terms in general, there are so many committees out
there that do the same thing and we need to give them a good reason to
choose our translation instead of rejecting them as "non-relative to the
English terms or meaning". What I mean by this is that we need to do a
lot of effort to make our translation a de facto so we don't get our
Arab IT world so cluttered as in English.

Finally, I suggest making a simple vote to be more objective, simply we
can choose between
"Jinni"
"Motarabes"
Other word