Re: Product names, and abbriviations

Hi,
I have said my opinion the last time we talked about this, but will do it
again :)

The question is as always transliteration or transcription, when we don't
talk about translation.

KDE is not a word and not a name in it's full meaning, it's not Kde, but
even if it is that wouldn't change much.
The best is to use three Arabic letters to denote this. If they are not
separated unaware bidi-algorithm will think it's a word, it they were
separated with blanks the very same algorithm might mess it up. To fix this
have dot's, but a bad bidi-algorithm still might mess things up. In that
case try other separators. it's best way to express abbreviations and
stuff like that.
Another approach is to have the three letters transcripted and separated.
Try to use good pronunciation of the origin language. Kind of hard to do
but it's possible many times, not as good as the first one.
yet another way is to transcript the three letters as a run together word.
This is not funny at all. No language teacher recommends it for learning
languages, nor should we used as a way to make it easier for the end user
to pronounce an foreigner word.

Anyway a list with suck abbreviations/names and their Arabic corresponding,
used in translation should be provided with the distribution to make thing
clear to the end user if he/she would really like to know and get confused
sometime.
--
Jihad Daoud
I might made you disappointed in me, but I still love you.