promotion for linux in arabia (preliminary thoughts)

Salam all,

Some preliminary thoughts about how to resolve the problem of the very
very little user base of linux in arabia.

1.Contact the big websites like Aljazeera. Arabia, alarabonline and
convince them to show articles about linux and the free software
movement, convince them to let us elp in the making of the articles so
that we can show the advantages of linux.

2.Make a website dedicated for the novice user who wants to get
information about linux. It has to be a simple website which has all the
needed information about linux.

3.Contact the major distributors to ask about some support in the
arabization.

4.Contact all the arab linux user groups to make some in town promotion
I think it the job of their members to promote linux among their freinds
and at universities. Ask them to promote linux and collaborate with them
for the acquisition of new users.

5.Try to analize the possible user base in the arabic world:

for example :
as paradox as it seems gnome seems to be more suited for the arabic user
then KDE simply becasue gnome2 uses far less resources then KDE3, but we
have are very far in KDE translation and KDE is  pushed very hard in
mouth to mouth propaganda, the paradox is that when using KDE in tunisia
I remarked that it is useless becasue it uses so many resources, so it
is as if we were making publicity for a rolls royce for a road between
Alexandria and aswan ...

6.The most important thing is mouth to mouth propaganda we have to show
friends the distros and make them use the distros and ask them to show
the distros to other freinds and so on.

7.Also very important in the internet community arabeyes has gained some
respect we can try to use this respect to convince the orginazations
mentioned above to work with us, like haydar linux does.

8.We have to make a plan and a timeline thos are preliminary thoughts,
any other comment and preleminary thoughts about a  roadmap would be
much appreciated.

cheers