Hijri calendar system

Hi!

I'm working on better calendar support in KDE, and in that context I have
a few questions for you:
* In which countries are the Hijri calendar used?
* Is the Hijri calendar used for all purposes or just for religious
  purposes? For instance, would it make sense to have Konqueror using
  Hijri dates when listing files?
* If any, which other calendars are being used in your region?

NOTE: Please don't remove my CC. I'm not a member of your list.

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
          bieker at itk dot ntnu dot no / bieker at kde dot org / +47 97651633
                Dagaliveien 25 A  |  Elgesetergate 23 B
                N-0776 Oslo       |  N-7030 Trondheim