Re: some questions on translation

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 23:15, Jamil Khatib wrote:
> Salam,
> I am working on the translate\kde\docs\kdeadmin I ma using both qamoose
>    and tarjim.com to do hte translation.

Jamil .. thank you for your efforts, too bad that you can not start
translating docs/kdeadmin/ until kdeadmin/ it self is 100% complete and
tested for consistency .. you can not start a doc for the application before
the localized version of it is 100% as you will need screenshopts of the
localized app while you are working ..
So please leave docs as your efforts on it will not be of use in the mean time
and will need a rewriting after the GUI translation is done.

> Anyhow here are my questions:
> - There are some information in the header of the files should I fill them?

All the header info in the PO file should be complete, for an example of a
header for a PO file check any existing PO file in translate/kde such as
kdelibs.po or desktop.po

> - There are some information about authors such as
> change them or what?

You do not change authors names or tags .. you may translitrate the author
name though ..

> - there are some words like &kuser; I am not going to change the english
> word but what should I do with & and ;

you better leave the docs :-) this is tha answer :-)

> - There are some copyright notices like "Documentation copyright
> 1997-2000 Denis Pershin <email>dyp at inetlab dot "
> 	"com</email>" . Should I tranlsate them or what?

we translate what can be translated in copyright notices.

> - How do you translate the following terms that I did not find in Qamoose
>
> = tape
shreet

> = documentation
tawtheek

> = mount
Tathbeet

I again stress ( for the 3rd time) that your efforts would be better placed if
you start in translate/gnome .. Gnome field is empty and waiting for you to
get your stamp on it :-)

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi