Re: Suggetion!!

On Monday 15 April 2002 01:48, no no wrote:
> I had this idea which I thought it could be very usefull for the
> translation proces.
> Why don't we write a program that takes two .po files, the first is already
> translated and the second containing empty strings. The purpose of this
> program is to search for similar message ID in both files and than to fill
> in the missing messageStr automaticly.
>
> I don't know if Kbabel or any other program have this feature, but if the
> don't it would be a very useful tool. First the program is fairly easy to
> write, plus it will make translating common strings a very fast and easy
> task and most important of all it provide 100% consistent translation.

Well this feature is already present in Kbabel .. it is called rough
translation ..

> A very good use for it will be when translating gnome. If there is a file
> in gnome which is very similar to a file in KDE but not quit the same, then
> this program could be a great help.

Well yes .. and I did make a rough translation for some files in Gnome .. and
it is suitable and lessens the translation time ..

> Please think about it!!
>
> Usama

Now that you know that we have it .. and you please join in ? we really could
use a hand ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi