Re: Sugesstion & Questions...!!!

Message of Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:39:34 +0200

> > 2-When we translate the word does the KDE program read it form left
> > or right--->
> >

> > msgid "Name=KDE-SGI"
> > msgstr "الإسم=KDE-SGI"
> >
> > msgid "Comment=Text based debugger from GNU in a konsole"
> > msgstr "التعليق=مزيل مشاكل GNU يعمل في وضعية سطر الأوامر"
> >
> > in cases like that how i know .

Sorry, that I made this apparently not clear enough when I said in an
earlier posting that all the tags (like Name=, Comment= etc.) must be
"included with exactly the same spelling, upper/lower case etc." in
your translation. This means they have to stay exactly the same as in
the original, ie in _English_ and with Latin characters, not translated
or transcribed.

Therefore, the above strings would have to be

msgid "Name=KDE-SGI"
msgstr "Name=KDE-SGI"

and

msgid "Comment=Text based debugger from GNU in a konsole"
msgstr "Comment=مزيل مشاكل GNU يعمل في وضعية سطر الأوامر"

Otherwise, it would be impossible for the KDE merge scripts to
recognize and use these tags which are essential for the whole system.

For an attempt to correct the Arabic desktop.po please see
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kde-i18n/ara/messages/desktop.po

Regards,

Thomas

--