Re: KDE Interface [was: hi]

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 08:41:55AM +0400, almuhairi wrote:

> [...]
> I thought that this was a complete Arabic KDE project, but it seems that

It is. The KDE Translation project is one of many Arabeyes projects. Its goal
(the KDE translation) is to provide a completely 100% Arabic Graphical User
Interface under the KDE desktop.

> anyway that I can contribute.  Thanks for guiding me to the linux-team

It is also worth noting that linux-team are not the only ones contributing to
the Qt development. The Saudi Linux User group are also very active at that.
I just thought credit should be given to them too ;)

> site.  For the others who replied, I am not insulting Arabic.  I

No one implied that you were ;)

> probably know more about Arabic grammer than alot of you guys/gals do.

Hrmm. And I suppose you have arrived at this assumption by?

>  What I was trying to do realy is to focus your attention to the real
> work (enabling KDE to read/write Arabic) rather than an Arabic interface.

Enabling KDE to read/write in Arabic is already somewhat working. This does
not depend on KDE itself as much as it depends on the Qt library. You may
want to visit the KDE page and look around to understand what is involved.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |